Tuesday, January 10, 2012

The WHAT?

Although I've always used the term Dungeon Master, or Gamemaster when away from D&D, I've thought of myself more as a concierge than anything else:


"In hotels, a concierge assists guests with various tasks like making restaurant reservations, arranging for spa services, recommending night life hot spots, booking transportation (limousines, airplanes, boats, etc.), procurement of tickets to special events and assisting with various travel arrangements and tours of local attractions. In upscale establishments, a concierge is often expected to "achieve the impossible", dealing with any request a guest may have, no matter how strange, relying on an extensive list of contacts with local merchants and service providers." (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Concierge)


"Welcome to X!  Let me tell you just a little about the place... now, if you'll just tell me a little about yourselves, I'll be able to suggest some places you might want to visit for a little fun!"  That's how I view my role as DM.

No comments:

Post a Comment