Saturday, July 21, 2012

Local gaming and then some!


Back in mid-June, I decided to see if our local comic book stores or games shops had any public games going on... and found that Twilight Comics in Shiloh hosts a Monday night RPG game at 7 pm each week.  I dropped in one week to find a group of guys playing Dresden Files (the ruleset is based on Fate RPG... completely new to me), and was welcomed to join in.  I was given an NPC that had been written up earlier, and tried to follow along.  Having seen the TV series, I knew a little of the background, but had never read the books, so my knowledge was scant.  Between that and trying to figure out a new system, I wasn't much help... but I had a good time!  Two weeks later, I returned, to find the PCs split into two groups and my character's group in a heated battle with a group of red court vampires!  It wasn't pretty, and the dice were definitely NOT with me, but again, I had a great time.

It was clear the players had been gaming together for a long time, and they mentioned they had a website and weekly podcasts, so I checked them out, and urge you to do so as well!

Gamerstable

Oh, and here's the link to Twilight Comics.

Enjoy!

2 comments:

  1. Welcome to the group Dave!

    Our default games are D&D and Shadowrun. Dresden is new to all of us, including the GM, so don't worry about feeling out of sorts with it.

    We recently started a new thing where we rotate games, forcing us to try some new things. If you have a suggestion on what you would like to play next, please say so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Eric. (Not sure how I missed your comment... but I just saw it tonight!)

      Unfortunately very busy again right now, so haven't been back recently.

      My preferences are Classic Traveller, AD&D 1e or 2e, or OD&D (White box - the LBB set). I've played some other games, but nothing recent, except some D&D 4e with my son's group, and Dresden with you guys. Not that I don't like trying new games, just don't seem to have the time to learn them. Also, I DM'd far more than I played, so I'm a paranoid player, which only gets worse when I don't know the ruleset!

      Delete