Thursday, January 31, 2013

More Lame Excuses... or Excellent Ones, Dude!

Today we hit the gym after work/school, then came home and checked grades online.   I mentioned yesterday that my son was studying for an algebra quiz last night.  The quiz was today... his last quiz was a C-... today's was an A+!  Happy that he finally believes he CAN do math, which I've been trying to tell him for a while.  So after checking grades, we made dinner, then sat down and watched a movie he'd never seen before... Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure!  Only Keanu Reeves movie where he actually emotes... Don't get me wrong, I think I've liked every one of his movies that I've seen... I just think he's got a great agent who gets him great roles.  I don't think much of his acting.  But B&TEA was a lot of fun... and one of the few  flicks in my favorite science fiction sub-genre (time travel) that actually made intelligent use of the power:


(Outside)

Bill: How'd it go?
Ted: Bad. Our historical figures are all locked up and my dad won't let them out. 
Bill: Can we get your dad's keys? 
Ted: Could steal them but he lost them two days ago. 
Bill: If only we could go back in time to when he had them and steal them then. 
Ted: Well, why can't we? 
Bill: Cause we don't got time. 
Ted: We could do it after the report. 
Bill: Ted, good thinking dude. After the report we'll time travel back to two days ago, steal your dad's keys, and leave them here. 
Ted: Where? 
Bill: I don't know. How about behind that sign? That way when we get here now, they'll be waiting for us. (bends down and picks up the keys) See? 
Ted: Whoa! Yeah! So after the report we can't forget to do this, or else it won't happen. But it did happen! Hey, it was me who stole my dad's keys! 
Bill: Exactly, Ted. Come on. 

After that we indulged in our little "Reality TV" weakness... No, I don't watch any shows where people get up and sing.  We watch Faceoff on SyFy and we just started DVR'ing Total Blackout as well.  The first is about makeup artists competing against each other, and is very cool.  The second pits people (or teams) against the clock in a series of challenges that take place in total darkness.  It's downright hilarious.

And now it's time to walk the dog, and then I'm off to bed... so again, nothing written about the Khorred.

No comments:

Post a Comment